Why start a business blog? If you are a small business owner, you probably have plenty to do already. However, once you have built your website, a great way to develop even more interest in your products or services is by building a blog to accompany your site. What can a blog do for a small business? Here are a few benefits of a business blog for small biz:
Business Blog Benefits
- A blog post can be a great way to introduce a new product or service. Let’s say you just starting selling a new product. Or you have a service that needs more explanation. Your blog would be a great way to exhibit your new product or highlight a recommended service.
- You can connect with new customers via a blog. If you allow comments on your blog, you can answer in public questions a potential customer might have and show your value of customer support to all that visit your post.
- Want to optimize your site for certain keywords? Write some blog posts using those keywords. Make the post naturally written English and your readers will read it for content. The search engines will read it for search engine optimization. Blogs are a fabulous way to improve SEO for your site overall.
- Blogging can provide you a way of connecting with potential customers on a wide variety of social media platforms. For example, let’s say you write a post about a new product on your blog. The product is a beauty, so you pin it unto Pinterest. People find the beautiful photo – they reshare or they click the Pinterest pin to learn more and arrive on your site. If you sell services, you could provide an attractive image related to the service on your site. You pin it to Pinterest, and others find it and follow it back to your website. If you write a post that provides useful knowledge, someone might Tweet it and share with followers. Some of those followers may come to your blog and read more. Similar scenarios could happen with Google+ or Facebook.
- Unlike social media platforms, you own your blog. You have control over what is displayed, how it is displayed and how long it is there. Blog posts can still be viewed years after they are written. Take advantage of the benefits of a blog.
Getting Started with a Business Blog for Small Biz
So how do you get started? You can learn more about how to set up WordPress for your site in this post; make one of your post categories Blog or make all of your posts part of your blog, and you are ready to go. Put the category Blog in your main menu or, if you have a static home page, you can use the method described in this post to create the blog page. You basically set up a Posts page using the Settings->Reading section in the administrative back end. The blog is now part of your site. If you need help setting up your blog, contact an experienced web developer.
Why Do You Think a Business Should Start a Blog?
Can you think of reasons a small business might benefit from starting a blog?